We wanted to make a game that used as many new technologies as possible. This meant that almost everything integrated into the project was learned on-the-fly by our team members. None of us had prior experience at all with Unity,
Oculus, Myo, Muse, C#, etc. but we managed to put something together!!
My original goal was to create my own customized remote control to send commands to my computer. After trying to set up a socket connection, I realized that Penn State's internet was strictly monitored. After experimenting with
other ways to establish a connection from my computer to my phone, I found Pushbullet. Using Pushbullets python api, I created a mock server that would send my information back and forth. Plus, Pushbullet already had an app,
so it took away half the work I would have to initially do. In the future, I would like to create an app for this, but because I won't be relying on Penn States wifi anymore, I'll probably just use a server.
Gannon University hosted a competition for high school programmers, so my team formed this game -- air hockey, with a twist. In addition to what you would normally expect from an air hockey game, it also adds 4 player air hockey.
Our code implemented multithreading to communicate through multiple sockets. We ended up winning :)
The goal of this program was to find the surface area of any flat object in a picture, using a reference. This was the proof of concept to a much larger idea dealing with a mobile app that would allow you to take a picture, mark
boundaries around an object, and then find information about that object(the parabolic function of the golden gate bridge's arches, the height of a car, etc). Most of the code is not mine, JFrame and I are not friends.
My first try at making a website. The purpose of the site was originally for a club I was in, called Interact (a volunteer based organization for my community). I incorporated twilio for communication.
This is my most recent project. I had the idea to scrape Penn State Incident Logs in Spring '16, made the proof of concept, but didn't start working on it with a group until Fall '16. This project incorporates webscraping with
data vizualization. The project came together at HackPSU Fall '16, with teammate Matt Fields. I worked on the bootstrap, the processing visualizations, the scraping, and the RESTful API. I really enjoyed that the project was
idealistically community driven.